Mom's dementia seems to be progressing faster than we expected. In the last week or so, she has had trouble remembering how to take her morning pills. She used to take the box and start with 'Sunday, Monday, etc" until she got to today and then take them. She now either counts "1,2,3.. to 7" or if I start her with "Sunday..." she goes all the way to the end and then asks if she should take all the full boxes. Yesterday I actually had to take the box and pour out the appropriate pills. This morning was better. (Evening is similar)
And she came out of her suite not fully dressed this morning. She had shorts, camisole, and sweater. No top. That's a first. And she said, when I brought her the shirt, "Well, it was okay before, What's wrong with what I have on?"I told her she may get cold and that worked. She let me put it on her at the table.
A hard couple of days.
But Olinda's here today so that makes her VERY happy. :)
Had a good talk with Dick (our minister) this am, a kind and listening man. Got his opinion and suggestions on some local memory care places as well as words of encouragement.
Calling, emailing (I'll read them, I promise), visiting are wonderful things for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment