Thursday, March 5, 2015

egg hits the fan -or- actually realizing Bob and I are leaving

Actually it's not that bad, I knew this was coming: Gram/Mom realized 'for the first time' that tomorrow is the day Bob and I are leaving her for the weekend and Tashona will be staying with her. We have been talking about it all week: remembering/repeating Tashona's name, saying we're going to San Francisco, Tashona will stay with her, repeating, etc etc etc. It took Tashona telling her this morning "Remember, I'll see you tomorrow evening!" for her to realize that it actually is happening. Gram/Mom told Tashona that she was VERY upset with me for not telling her and that she didn't know it was Tashona coming. Then as happens, she remembered the other unhappy current thing: Jeanne Rockwell (our babysitter when Paul was a baby/one of Gram's 'best friends') has been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer and is home with Hospice. She is 89. Tears.
However, this time the anger/crying dissipated quickly; it helped that I could bring up a VERY HAPPY upcoming event (it's a Boy!) so Gram/Mom became relaxed and calm again.
Thank you in advance for visiting this weekend, Paul on Saturday and Val/Dan on Sunday. That is giving her something to look forward to and try to remember in addition to the 'Girls' game on Sunday evening! :)
One thing for you Grandchildren to know: Gram is worried about Tashona having a good time this weekend, almost more than she is worried about being left by us. Gram is a very caring woman and thinks of how others might feel, even now when she forgets so many other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment