Staples came out easily and painlessly. Gram is so relieved. Dr Riddle said the cut looks very well healed. It's amazing how quickly Gram/Mom heals!
Gram and I went to hear the steel drum: a calypso style beat to Harry Belafonte tunes. I thought the ambiance and people (both residents and caregivers/staff) were very nice and happy. Gram only remembers that we had to walk a long way to get to the room (a shorter option is available for the 'next time') and that the steel drum is not her favorite instrument. She seemed to be having a good time while we were there: tapping her foot and moving her hand in rhythm. Paul suggested that the high frequency (mallet on steel) may have bothered her hearing aids. She was also expecting a different drum (She was thinking it was the drum Elizabeth Minear played many years ago at the Guilford church -Minear's granddaughter who lives in Indonesia). I saw and talked briefly to an old GHS library friend whose husband is a resident! I promised to call her to get her (very positive) take on the facility.
No comments:
Post a Comment